Proposal Writer – MS
POSITION: Proposal Writer
Location: Jackson MS
Description: HBSS Connect Corp has openings for Proposal Writers in its Jackson, MS office.
General Overview: Are you driven to excel as a proposal writer and motivated to produce high-scoring content? If so, join HBSS’ Proposal Development Center of Excellence. We offer you the opportunity to win more as part of a collaborative team dedicated to high-quality proposal writing. HBSS proposal writers work across technical capabilities and program teams, build strong relationships, support diverse transit customer needs, and advance their capabilities beyond the industry standard.
Position Description: The Proposal Writer collaborates with HBSS subject matter experts and team members to develop compliant, responsive, and compelling proposals in response to transit solicitations, grant requests, and capability information at the federal, state, and county level.
Description of Duties:
• Writes management, and/or resume sections. Additionally, after experience, technical and past performance/experience sections will be added to the job responsibilities.
• Works as part of a collaborative team to support solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators.
• Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support writing activities.
• Researches and collaborates with HBSS and its partners’ personnel on the most effective way to present proposed approaches and solutions and substantiate any claims.
• Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates complex ideas into easily understandable text.
• Develops and implements process improvements to help improve proposal quality.
• At least 2 years of credits towards a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, History, Political Science, or related field.
• Excellent writing skills (previous writing samples will be required)
• Comfortable analyzing and extracting requirements from Government RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs.
• Ability to organize information throughout the proposal life cycle.
• Strong work ethic and desire to excel and keep growing over time.
• Previous experience in the transit industry as a scheduler, dispatcher, or transit administration.
• Previous experience in writing technical, management, staffing, and other narrative sections.
Application: Please submit a resume with contact information and current residence to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide potential availability dates for initial phone screening. A second in-person interview via Zoom or in-person at our offices in Jackson, MS may be required.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer. Non-Smoking Facility – Drug Free Workplace.