POSITION: Proposal Writer
Location: Lowell, MA
We are looking to hire a talented full-time Proposal Writer to own the proposal creation process. In this position, you will develop detailed proposal and presentation content in response to both private and public-sector requests for proposal (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs) and other solicitations as necessary. You will develop and maintain a style-guide driven set of proposal templates and oversee production and shipping where required.
HBSS offers a comprehensive employment benefits package, including medical, dental, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and more.
As a member of the Business Development Team, the Proposal Writer role will be cross-functional. Responsibilities will include writing, editing, researching, and supporting knowledge management activities. Excellent customer service and communication skills are a must.
The primary activities include:
- Past Performance research, writing, and serving as a project lead for large proposals. Past Performance research requires creativity and problem-solving skills; journalistic perseverance; and warm and charismatic communication skills. A background in business development either with Federal contracting or commercial bids is a plus.
- Creating, maintaining and improving a style-guide driven set of proposal templates; editing proposals for grammar, typos, and readability. Performing compliance checks against RFP requirements.
- Have excellent time management skills and be able to translate highly complex, technical concepts into language that is easily understood by a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of roles, from technical SMEs to Senior Management Executives.
- This person develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or similar & a minimum 2 years of experience in Federal proposal development or technical writing efforts within the IT sector.
- Must have the ability to articulate complex concepts verbally and in writing to produce compliant, compelling and competitive past performance and corporate capability sections.
- Solid knowledge of developing proposals in response to Federal Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFI) etc.; Federal Transport Contracting Experience a plus.
- Must be able to understand technical concepts and convey to intended audience.
- Must be able to effectively and simultaneously manage multiple, high volume efforts, while delivering value added and cost-effective proposals/solutions to the requestor.
- Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar, writing, and proofreading skills with attention to detail and be process oriented.
- Solid organization skills, detail orientation, and ability to prioritize; Ability to deliver client-ready materials under strict deadline.
- Must be able to work with teams and individuals of varying working styles.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Share Point, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Self-starter that can work independently and exercise judgment on a regular basis with minimal oversight along with a “can do” attitude with willingness to take a “hands on” approach.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Send CV to: KATHY CHAMBERLAIN, HR, HBSS Connect Corp., 1075 Westford St, Lowell, MA 01851 or email please add “job candidate” to the subject line.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer. Non-Smoking Facility – Drug Free Workplace.